Fall is a transitional season. It’s when the leaves start falling, and the weather is getting colder, especially in the morning and late at night. Fall is also a great time to wear colognes because you can enjoy a wide variety of fragrances.
In general, fall colognes for men should be heavier than those for the summer, and notes like booze, spices, and Tobacco are very suitable for this season.
BEST MEN'S FRAGRANCES | REVIEW ...
To save you from the hustle and confusion of choosing a new fall cologne, I will give you my suggestions on some of the best-tried fragrances for fall that you can buy right now in the following list.
Table of Contents
- Best Fall Colognes for Men
- CH Men Prive – Carolina Herrera
- One Million Prive – Paco Rabanne
- La Nuit de l’Homme – Yves Saint Laurent
- A*Men Pure Havane – Mugler
- Boss Bottled Oud – Hugo Boss
- L’Homme Ideal – Guerlain
- Stronger With You – Emporio Armani
- Terre d’Hermes – Hermès
- London for Men – Burberry
- Final Thoughts on Fall Colognes
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links (at no extra cost to you).This does not change my opinion but does help support the site. Thank you!
Best Fall Colognes for Men
CH Men Prive – Carolina Herrera
CH Men Prive is one of the most popular colognes for fall in the last few years. If you like booze and leather combo, this scent is for you. It opens up with a prominent whisky note with some citrus. Later on, it develops into a leathery and spicy scent with a boozy undertone.
CH Men Prive is often described as a “Bad Boy With a Leather Jacket Scent.” It is sexy and masculine at the same time and is suitable for a night out. The only downside of this cologne is performance, which is underwhelming with average longevity and projection.
- Top Notes:Whiskey, Grapefruit, and Pomelo.
- Middle Notes:Cardamom, Lavender, Sage, and Red Thyme.
- Base Notes:Leather, Tonka Bean, Benzoin, and Woody Notes.
One Million Prive – Paco Rabanne
One Million Prive is one of the best flankers of the original One Million. It’s a more mature version but with some playfulness undertone.
One Million Prive is delicious and beautiful. It has a shisha tobacco note with Cinnamon. This fragrance is sweet, resinous, and cuddly on a cold fall night.
The performance of this cologne is good but is not near the original One Million. It has a good scent trail, but the projection is moderate without pushing too hard, making it perfect for a lovely evening indoors.
- Top Notes:Cinnamon and Blood Mandarin.
- Middle Notes:Tobacco and Myrrh.
- Base notes:Tonka Bean and Patchouli.
La Nuit de l’Homme – Yves Saint Laurent
When it comes to a romantic setting, La Nuit de l’Homme is arguably the best in the market. It contains the famous note of Cardamom, which gives it its sexy edge.
La Nuit de l’Homme gives a very seductive vibe to the wearer. It starts with some citrus and spicy Cardamom and develops into a creamy and woody scent with a powdery undertone.
The cologne suffers from a reformulation issue, which affects its performance, but you can always compensate for that by spraying more. Still, if you are planning on impressing the ladies, this is definitely your best bet.
- Top Note: Cardamom.
- Middle Notes:Lavender, Virginia Cedar, and Bergamot.
- Base Notes:Caraway and Vetiver.
A*Men Pure Havane – Mugler
We can’t talk about fall colognes without mentioning this gem. It opens up sweet and syrupy with honey mixed with cherry tobacco. After the initial opening, the cocoa and patchouli are coming into play with vanilla and amber touches at the base.
Pure Havane is one of the best from the A*Men line, and it’s more on the gourmand side. There are apparent similarities between this cologne and another fromXerjoffcalled Naxos but at a much affordable price.
The performance is great with good projection and hours of continuous longevity, and for the fall time, you can’t ask for more.
- Top Notes:Tobacco and white honey.
- Middle Notes:Vanille, Cacao, and Patchouli.
- Base Notes:Amber, French labdanum, and Styrax.
Boss Bottled Oud – Hugo Boss
When it comes to the fall, the most popular fragrance from this line is the originalBoss Bottled. But in my opinion, the oud edition is the superior one. It has the apple and Cinnamon of the original with a western oud touch, which gives it a little more depth and enhances its performance.
There are many flankers to the original Boss Bottled, but the oud edition is the one that stands out from the bunch. This cologne is also suitable as an introduction to the world of Western Oud.
Although the performance is better than the original, it still is considered above-average, with moderate longevity. However, since it is an oud-based scent, it could be a good thing.
- Top Notes:Apple and Citruses.
- Middle Notes:Cinnamon, Saffron, Clove, and Labdanum.
- Base Notes:Agarwood (Oud), Sandalwood, and Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha.
L’Homme Ideal – Guerlain
L’Homme Ideal is the originator of the great L’Homme Ideal’s line. It opens up somewhat fresh with citrusy notes and orange blossom, but it develops into bitter almond and tonka bean combination, with some leathery touches.
The scent profile is unique considering other designer releases these days, which gives you an edge over the others. L’Homme Ideal is also one of those scents that resonate well with the ladies.
The performance is also decent, with above-average projection and excellent longevity, making it one of the best fall colognes for men.
- Top Notes:Citruses, Orange Blossom, Rosemary, and Bitter Orange.
- Middle Notes:Almond and Tonka Bean.
- Base Notes:Leather, Vetiver, and Cedar.
Stronger With You – Emporio Armani
Stronger With You is a sweet and crowd-pleasing cologne. The opening of this scent will remind you of clubbing colognes like One Million from Paco Rabanne with the same vibe.
After the initial phase, this cologne will settle down into a roasted chestnut note, which will remind you of a nice and cozy bonfire on fall and winter nights.
Stronger With You will push hard from your skin for the first few hours before it calms down and surrounds you with a nice and subtle scent bubble.
- Top Notes:Cardamom, Pink Pepper, Mint, and Violet Leaf.
- Middle Notes:Pineapple, Sage, Melon, Cinnamon, and Lavender.
- Base Notes:Vanilla, Chestnut, Cedar, Amberwood, and Guaiac Wood.
Terre d’Hermes – Hermès
Terre d’Hermes is one of the most popular and well-known cologne from Hermes. It has cult followers and is considered by now a modern classic.
Although this cologne is one of the best fragrances for fall, it is not for everyone. It has the infamous dirty orange accord with vetiver and woods in the background, which makes it citrusy and earthy at the same time.
If you don’t find this description appealing to you, make sure to sample it before deciding to buy. The reason for that being that Terre d’Hermes is one of those scents that you have to spend some time with to understand its full potentials.
This cologne’s durability is excellent considering that it’s a citrus-based scent with hours of longevity and strong projection in the first couple of hours.
This cologne is also the recipient of the FiFi Award of The Men’s Fragrance of the Year in the Men’s Luxe category for 2007.
- Top Notes:Orange and Grapefruit.
- Middle Notes:Pepper and Pelargonium.
- Base Notes:Vetiver, Cedar, Patchouli, and Benzoin.
The One for Men Eau de Parfum – Dolce & Gabbana
The One Eau de Parfum is a date night champion and one of the most popular colognes in the fragrance community for the last five years.
The opening is citrusy from the Grapefruit, but it doesn’t stay for long. After about a few minutes, the scent turns warm and sexy with Tobacco and amber notes and a hint of Cardamom.
The perfect setting for this cologne would be a lovely evening indoors with your special someone watching movies and enjoying each other’s company.
Its drawback is the performance, which is somewhat moderate, but you don’t need a strong performer for intimate situations anyway.
- Top Notes:Grapefruit, Coriander, and Basil.
- Middle Notes:Ginger, Cardamom, and Orange Blossom.
- Base Notes:Amber, Tobacco, and Cedar.
London for Men – Burberry
Burberry London is one of the main colognes in any fragrance collector for the fall time. It starts with some citrus and spices from Cinnamon and the black pepper with Lavender’s touch added to the top.
After a while, it turns into a woody and leathery scent with some boozy elements from the port wine accord, and of course, the note of Tobacco leaves. This composition is what gives this cologne its famous Christmassy vibe.
The performance is its weakest point with average longevity and projection, but in my opinion, it is a must-have cologne for everyone who enjoys fragrances.
- Top Notes:Cinnamon, Lavender, and Bergamot.
- Middle Notes:Leather and Mimosa.
- Base Notes:Tobacco Leaf, Opoponax, Guaiac Wood, and Oakmoss.
Final Thoughts on Fall Colognes
Although this list is about Fall/Autumn colognes, you can continue to use these colognes in the Winter months without any problem. There are no stiff and rigid rules to follow when it comes to wearing colognes and perfumes.
It’s just general recommendations to help you choose an appropriate cologne for any given season. The real judge is still you and your preferences, so feel free to try any cologne by yourself and determine what works best for you and your needs.
- Afnan Supremacy in Oud.
- L'Erbolario Meharées. ...
- Joop! ...
- Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo Signature. ...
- Guy Laroche Drakkar Intense. ...
- Molinard Ambre. ...
- Bentley For Men Absolute. ...
- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Intenso. ...
An autumn fragrance that's filled with wood and spice will be inherently more comforting than a fresh scent bursting with herbs and citrus. If you want to go the cozy route with your fall cologne, it's wise to pick notes of sandalwood, cloves, and leather accord.What is the number 1 best smelling perfume for men? ›
1. Overall Best Smelling Cologne For Men: Tom Ford Oud Wood. No round up of the best smelling cologne for men is complete without mentioning Tom Ford. Oud is exotic, animalic, and powerful.What fragrances are good for fall? ›
- Lancôme Idôle Eau de Parfum. ...
- Gucci Mémoire d'Une Odeur Eau de Parfum. ...
- Yves Saint Laurent Libre Eau de Parfum. ...
- Henry Rose Smyth Eau de Rose. ...
- Tom Ford Métallique. ...
- Skylar Willow Woods Eau de Parfum. ...
- Chanel Gabrielle Eau de Parfum.
Best Overall: Guerlain L'Homme Ideal
Grabbing the top spot on my list is Guerlain's L'Homme Ideal. Guerlain has a reputation for creating sophisticated yet sexy colognes for men, and L'Homme Ideal's DNA doesn't disappoint. L'Homme Ideal is sweet and sultry. The opening is a powdery and aromatic blend of botanicals.
You need woody tones like cedar, sandalwood, and oud. You'll also want some cozy spices and soothing tobacco. In this article, I'm sharing my top fall fragrances for men: Man in Black – Bvlgari.What is a good fall or winter cologne? ›
best date and clubbing choice: Mancera Red Tobacco -> Buy Here. best professional choice: Dior Fahrenheit -> Buy Here. best wildcard choice: Creed Aventus -> Buy Here. best festive season choice: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille -> Buy Here.What are winter cologne scents? ›
Winter fragrance notes
Woody notes such as Oud, Cedar, Guaiac Wood, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, and Patchouli are most commonly used in the base of winter fragrances.
Winter colognes have warm, spicy, heavy notes like cedar, musk, leather and tobacco. Compare this to summer fragrances which have lighter notes such as lemon, bergamot, clementine and thyme.What is a popular mens cologne right now? ›
- Best Overall: Dior Sauvage at Amazon.
- Best Budget: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme at Amazon.
- Best Daily Scent: Ralph Lauren Polo Blue at Amazon.
- Best Staple: Calvin Klein CK One at Amazon.
- Best Year Round Scent: Bleu de Chanel at Amazon.
- Best Luxury: ...
- Best for Young Men: ...
- Best Trending Option:
- Jo Malone London – Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne. This unisex fragrance by Jo Malone London is perfect for any season. ...
- Versace – Bright Crystal Absolu. ...
- Tom Ford – Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum. ...
- Chanel – Gabrielle. ...
- Yves Saint Laurent – Black Opium.
- Make a Natural Potpourri. ...
- Create Your Own Essential Oils Blend. ...
- Brew Up Some Apple Cider. ...
- Craft a Cinnamon-Scented Orange Garland. ...
- Add Scent to Decorative Pine Cones. ...
- Make a Simmer Pot. ...
- Burn a Fall-Scented Candle or Use Wax Melts. ...
- Bake Up Something Sweet.